A good friend of mine let me borrow her sons Bear Halloween Costumes for my son. I am HUGE into themes so appropriately my daughter became Goldilocks.
I found this super cute yellow with white flower material to make a dress out of, but soon decided that it would be WAY too much yellow for my eyes to handle at once. Plus I wanted something that if I was going to take the time to make, I wanted it to be able to be something I would put on her again and again.
I went back to the fabric store and found two coordinating materials that came from the same line as the yellow material.
Then I had to make up my mind as to what I wanted the overall end product to look like. I used FOUR different patterns!
*I got the idea/sleeves out of one. (I went with 3/4 sleeves because Halloween in Idaho is usually pretty cold, it will be really cold if the snow keeps coming like we got over the weekend!)
*Body of the dress from another.
*Hem from a third.
*Apron from the fourth.
Goldilocks Modernized and totally hip! :)
Like stated before, I wanted something she could wear again, so I made a belt to replace the apron.
Halloween here we come!